Wednesday, January 20, 2016

This is not an ad :)


I know this post will be different than my typical posts, but my New Year's resolution this year was to be more creative and I wanted to share a piece of what I do to meet that need. About 3 years ago, I took an interest in graphic design. I took a lot of time to really research and teach myself how to do these type things on the computer. I started out just designing birthday party invitations or shower invitations for a few friends and then quickly realized that I could make a little money doing something that I really enjoyed! Now, please know, I do not try to do this to make a living. I have only charged anyone more than $10 one time, lol. But it is so relaxing to me to see things come together or be able to re-create something that a client is looking for. For me, being creative is something that I NEED to do. I know that it is a God given desire. If I am not creating, I feel like I am not using that desire that He placed inside of me and that it is drying up! On the other hand, I get bored very easily, so I need something that can keep my interest and allow me to do different things. This fits all of those things... Here are a few of my favorites so far :)














Don't give up what you love to do with the excuse that you don't have time. That's what I've done for so long. Being able to do something I enjoy makes me a better mother, wife and friend. When I am able to use all of the parts of me, I feel that I am being the best me that I can be! I just love the creating process. It sets my mind free and relaxes me more than anything else. I'm so thankful for a God that is creative. After all, He is the ultimate Creator! 


1 comment:

  1. The need to create is definitely an outlet I understand. You do an amazing job. I am one happy customer. ;-)

    ReplyDelete