Thursday, February 3, 2011

Prayer for my Husband, Day 3: Self-Image

God created human beings;
he created them godlike,
Reflecting God’s nature.
He created them male and female.
Genesis 1:26 The Message



Lord, I thank You today for creating us in Your image. I thank You for giving us Your nature. I pray that You continually reveal to Kenn that he IS created in your likeness. Help him to see through Your eyes, not only himself, but others as well. Help him to love himself more and to expect great and mighty things from Your creation of himself. Remind him daily that he is the apple of Your eye (Deut 32:10), that You are well pleased with him and that You are working all things for his good (Romans 8:28). He is fearfully & wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14) and for that, I praise You! Help me to be there to remind him on the days that he is unsure and encourage him on the days that he needs affirmation. Thank you for making him for me! In awe of Your amazing creation,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment